The loss of volume in and under skin is a visible sign of aging. Over 50% of the population is between 25 and 64 years of age, including the Baby Boomer generation (ages 50-70) which looks to fight aging the most. Fillers can reduce lines, restore volume, and contour facial folds.
What is Juvéderm™?
Juvéderm™ is an injectable, smooth gel dermal filler for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles. It comes from non-animal sourced hyaluronic acid (HA), which is naturally occurring in the body.
- Quick and easy procedure
- Plump up folds that run from the bottom of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Fill in the prominent vertical wrinkles, (the “11s”) between the eyebrows
- Instantly restores your skin’s volume and smooths away facial wrinkles and folds
- Reduce the “Marionette lines,” the downturned creases at the corner of the mouth
- Augment thin or aging lips by giving you fuller, plumper, sexier lips
How does Juvéderm™ work?
Juvéderm™ is injected below facial folds and wrinkles to fill the area just below the surface of the skin, lifting it. Cross-linking of the HA, which is the chemical processing of HA to bind strands of polymers to each other, extends duration. More cross-linking means more resistance to enzymatic degradation; without cross-linking, HA would be absorbed into the body in less than a week.
Because Juvéderm™ is created with proprietary HYLACROSS™ technology (high amounts of cross-linked HA), it creates a smooth-consistency gel which results in a smooth, natural look and feel for patients and not a granular-consistency gel like other HA dermal fillers.
In terms of the actual Juvéderm™ injectable gel treatment, it’s an in-office procedure. There can be some discomfort injecting into facial folds, but pain management is fairly routine with either a nerve block, local anesthetic, or application of ice just before injection.